Who is Click Learning?
Click Learning (formerly the Click Foundation) is a South African based charity, entirely funded by our supporters and donors. We are a registered charity, our PBO number is 930 041 221. Click Learning’s registered address is 9th Floor, 90 Grayston Drive, Sandton, Johannesburg, 2192.
How to change the way Click Learning contacts you
We will never contact you unless you have given us your express permission to do so. But if you’d like to change how you hear from us, or no longer want us to contact you at all, then you can unsubscribe using the unsubscribe link in any of the emails you have received from us. Alternatively, you can always contact us to discuss this policy or to update your contact preferences/unsubscribe by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
In the case where you tell us that you no longer want to hear from us for marketing purposes, please be aware that we may still need to contact you for administration purposes; for example, regarding a donation you make, or to provide you with information you have requested.
How does Click Learning collect personal information?
Directly from you
- When you interact with us in the event of a donation, taking action on a campaign or attending a fundraising event.
- When you interact with third parties such as when you donate through a third-party website and give permission for your personal information to be shared with us. Similarly, if you engage with us on social media and messaging services like Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp or Twitter, you might give us permission to access personal information from those accounts. The data we are given access to by social media services will vary, but will always be in line with the terms of that service.
What personal information does Click Learning collect and what is it used for?
The personal information that is collected and stored will depend on how you interact with us and which information you choose to supply. It is likely to include your name and email address as a minimum, but may also include your address, contact number, contact preference or company details.
We may also collect personal information about the donations you make to us, any actions you take as part of a campaign for us, or events that you register for or participate in, and details from any interactions with our team.
We will always only process and store your personal information within certain criteria, some examples of which are as follows:
- To keep an accurate record of your relationship with you and any specific actions you have taken eg donating, volunteering, fundraising etc.
- To contact you with a query or information you have requested.
- To process your donations and/or to thank you for them.
- To process an application to work with us in any capacity.
- To let you know about our latest news, updates and share with you how you can help. We’ll only contact you if you’ve given us permission to do so. With the exception of donation receipts/admin and thank yous, all communication is optional and must be subscribed to by the user. You can opt out at any time.
- To analyse and improve our website, services, products or information we provide to you.
- To measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications.
- To reach you and identify other similar people like you on social media who we believe would be interested in Click Learning, and to show them our content.
- To provide you with the services, products or information you have requested, or that we feel would be of interest to you, and reasonably expected by you.
- To understand our supporters better and develop audience propositions, this may involve analysing your personal information or combining it with publicly available information in order to create supporter ‘profiles’.
- To analyse and report on trends in our supporters’ behaviour that helps us to understand our supporters better, and predict future behaviour, so that we can engage with you in an appropriate and efficient way.
- To send you an email to check and see if there is any help we can give or any problems you encountered, for example when you enter information into a form on our website and start but don’t complete a form or make a donation.
- To reach you with our latest news and information about how you can help support our work/programmes via online adverts on other websites, based on your visit to our website.
If you wish to change how we use your personal information please contact us on email@example.com .
Keeping Your Personal Information Safe
We make sure that appropriate controls are in place to ensure we take good care of your personal information and we never share it with, or sell it to, any unrelated third parties.
However, the transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure and as a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Click Learning cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your personal information, we make every effort to try to ensure its security.
All staff who have access to your personal information understand the importance of keeping your information safe and secure at all times, are required to follow our internal privacy and security policies, and are given training to support them in this.
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites, even if you access them by using links from our websites and we recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit.
Sharing of personal information
We may share your personal information with partners or service providers to allow them to perform services on our behalf or to help us understand our supporters more effectively. These partners will only act under our instruction and will not use your personal information for their own purposes.
We promise to always keep your details safe and we will never sell or swap your personal information with any other organisation.
What are your rights?
You have the right to:
- Request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, and to ask us to confirm how we use your personal information
- Request that we correct the personal information we hold about you if it’s not accurate, complete and up to date
Depending on why we have and use your personal information you may also have the following rights:
- Ask us for the personal information we hold about you to be erased from our record
- Withdraw consent for us to use your personal information to contact you
You can contact us at any time on firstname.lastname@example.org to request any of this information or to update your preferences.
If you don’t want to see targeted advertising from us on social media, please refer to the instructions provided by the specific social media website or app, for example on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Instagram, and Google.
We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of Click Learning, our websites or our visitors and for other lawful purposes.
Click Learning & Cookies
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your device that help us improve our website, that help provide you with the best experience when you visit our site and when we communicate with you. They allow us to deliver Click Learning adverts relevant to you based on your interests when you visit other websites. We may use both 1st party and 3rd party cookies. 1st party cookies are set by Click Learning, 3rd party cookies are set by a partner on our behalf.
Cookies and similar technologies help us to:
- Personalise the website to your requirements
- Avoid asking you to register or complete details twice
- Estimate the number of visitors to our site, including the source and patterns relating to this traffic
- Understand how visitors use the site, and how we can enhance this experience
- Measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications, for example by telling us if you have opened an email we have sent you
- Display relevant advertising to you when you visit other websites
You are able to set your devices to accept all cookies, to choose the types of cookies you accept, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. For instructions on how to do this visit www.aboutcookies.org.uk/managing-cookies .